Thursday, February 16, 2017

Losing someone you love

I was not decided when I started this blog if I should share personal things, there are so many sites all offering different ways to get people to read your blogs and gain more readers. Some say yes, share your personal stories triumphs and obstacles, other say to just share only what will draw the demographic of readers you want. For me, strictly blogging about design, as much as I love it, I feel would be forced and boring. I've chose to share some of my personal life, because I personally think that the opportunity to connect with my readers on a more personal level is important. I also know, I've just started and I don't really have followers yet, but at some point in some time, someone may read this and relate. Today is a difficult time for me, trying to focus has been near impossible Tomorrow is the anniversary of the Dad's passing which through the years, I had hoped would get easier but it still stings as much as the day I had to say goodbye. I've been a little lost today and struggled to find something to write about. I decided to write about my Dad and share the video I created for his services. I'm sharing my personal Facebook post, and for those of you who are grieving or have suffered a loss, I understand and my heartfelt condolences go out to you. Please feel free to leave comments or share a story about your loved one. Keeping their memory alive is truly the most comforting thing in the world.

Four years ago at this moment, I was spending my final moments with my Dad who would pass away the following morning. Not a day goes by that I don't wish for one more moment with him. He wasn't just my Dad but my very best friend, my fishing buddy, my Mr. Fix-it, my mentor, my rock. A quiet man with the strongest work ethic. He wasn't afraid to unleash holy hell on you when you were screwing up and always there to lend a hand up and an encouraging whisper when you fell. We had our ups and downs, but in the end, he's been the only man in my life who was always in my corner and always looking out for me. He was the only man who has ever loved me unconditionally, even at my worst and thought I always deserved the moon and the stars, We all miss you Pops
I am so thankful and blessed to have had him in my life.


I cannot upload directly due to the size, so I am sharing the link if you'd like to view it~ 

Memorial Video

Thanks for reading and come back tomorrow for more!!


No comments:

Post a Comment